Apr 11, 2013

My thoughts: MeMeMe Boho Balm Lip and Cheek Tint (Pink Rouge)

Hello everyone!!

When I saw the Boho Balms from MeMeMe, I was really interested so I recently bought one. There have been some mixed reviews about these. There are lots of positive reviews and negative ones as well.



NAME: BOHO BALM CHEEK AND LIP TINT 
SHADE: PINK ROUGE
AMOUNT: 11g/0.37 FL OZ
PRICE:  P450 sale price: P375.00)
Bought it from: instagram shop: makeupjunkieshop
Multipurpose lip & cheek balm – each tin features two beautiful shades which can be used on both lips & cheeks. The perfect festival accompaniment!







SWATCHES:

Without Flash:

With flash:


When worn:

LIGHT PINK:


CHEEKS:
- Sheer and does not really show up on my  cheeks
-Applied the product with my fingers using a patting motion across my cheeks

LIPS:
-Hello!! hahaha.... also sheer and does NOT compliment my skin tone at all. :)

My lips here look fuller and the color showed up better. I used a lipliner from Ever Bilena in the shade Rosette. But still, I don't think this color suits me!!ahaha

** Featuring my chapped lips! Here I'm using the Ever Bilena in the shade Rosette.







 Lips:
-Showed up on my lips
-"my lips but better" look

Cheeks:
- did not show up much in camera but quite obvious in person
-needs to be set with powder



When both colors are mixed:


When I mixed the two colors, I find that it complimented my skin color more. I love how natural the colors looked on me. :)

My Thoughts:

Packaging:
-Cute and compact, can fit my kikay kit
-I have to use my fingers though, which is a little unhygienic.

Availability/Affordability:
- It is a little difficult but there are lots of Facebook and online shops that sell Mememe products.
-Affordable since you get three lip colors and three cheek colors.

Formulation:
- A little difficult to blend on my lips
- Both colors are sheer at first but quite buildable.
TIP: It is better to use a lip liner first, before applying the lipstick to make them show up better and last longer.
-Quite sticky and feels like a lipstick.
- It is moisturizing and smells like sweet mint!

What I like:
-Packaging is sturdy
-Smells nice
-moisturizing
- versatile
-affordable


Some issues:
-can be messy
- the light pink color does not suit my skin color

Recommendations:
-Use a lip liner before applying the product
-When used on your cheeks, be sure to apply it before setting powder.
- You can also put the dark/coral pink on top of your bright lipstick to tone it down a bit.
-Use a lip brush for better control of the color and for the cheeks, you can use your fingers in a patting motion or you can apply it using a stippling brush. 


Overall:
I love it!! It is a must in every girl's makeup kit. I would love to buy the  other color as well.

















11 comments:

  1. The coral pink shade suits you the best!

    Jess
    Armed With Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute lipstick shades
    xx
    www.vnikali.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are right? thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. im actually obsessed with all lip balms and i have a million! might need to add this to the collection

    xx

    http://www.spoonfulofdiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! you should! you will love them for sure!!
      :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. metoo!! joined your giveaway btw! :)

      Delete
  5. Looking for part time homebased job? No need

    to pay, Just click the link, register and get

    started.. Goodluck! :)

    http://payjob.xyz/?pay=bellagrey

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!