Technology has indeed made our lives easier and in my case, I did not have to travel several miles from New Zealand to the Philippines for me to attend a skin care talk with Avon's Anew Skin Care Expert. Ms. Agoo Bengzon. I was able to participate and ask questions in the comforts of my room while sipping hot tea! Last Friday, Ms Bengzon gave a talk via live chat and answered some of women's (and men's)skin care questions and because I am such a good listener (naks!), here are some of the skin care tips that I have learned from Ms Agoo!
- Think of skin care as your "me" time, much like a spa treatment. Remember: YOU deserve it, so take your time!
- For pregnant women, make sure to use SPF because you're more prone to pigmentation.
- Apply sunscreen/spf BEFORE makeup.
- When choosing SPF lotion/cream, look for those with SPF 30 or higher.
- Your neck needs love too! So make sure to include it during your skin care routine.
- When choosing skin products, look for those with antioxidants, retinol and vitamin C.
- Taking vitamin supplements can speed up the effect of your skin care products.
- Puffy eyes? Stay away from caffeine and salty food because they can cause water retention. Rule of thumb: drink 2 glasses of water for every 1 cup of coffee!
- Tip for applying eyecream: Eyecreams are absorbed upwards so instead of directly applying it on your eyebags, apply it below your eyebags to ensure that it will reach your undereye area and not your eyes! And oh! Don't forget to use your pinky fingers for lighter application. :)
- Getting confused with your skin care routine? Apply lighter products first since they are easily absorbed by the skin. Example: serum->light moisturizer->heavy cream.
- Truth alert: It is almost impossible to shrink your pores! They are there to stay baby! However, you can use clarifying cleansers and exfoliate at least once a week to remove dirt and oil since they are the reason why your pores look more visible.
- For men, it is better to use gel-based products since their skin tend to be oilier than women. (This also applies to those with oily skin)
- When exfoliating, be easy on the cheek and concentrate more on the T-zone area.
Soooo that was it guys! I hope you learn a thing or two! Thank you to Ms Agoo Bengzon for sharing her knowledge and to Avon PH for having this kind of event.
Please follow me on Instagram: maerose20
Follow Ms Agoo Bengzon too! IG name: agoo_b
Avon Ph: avonph
Thank you for reading my post! I would love to read your thoughts and comments! Tell me what you think!