So today, Im here for another review. I bought this product around two weeks ago, when Maybelline had a sale going on. I bought this for 30% off so I thought it was a good deal.Anyhooo....let us proceed to my review!! :)
THE PRODUCT FACTS:
Name:: MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOT AQUA GEL FOUNDATION
Shade: True beige #24
Price: P349.00 (original price)
Amount: 30ml/ 1.01 FL. Oz
Comes in a squeeze tube bottle thingy* (don't know what to call it exactly)
What it says in the tube:
- Water based formula gives skin a light and fresh sensation.
- Controls shines for an all day perfect and healthy looking complexion.
- Evens out skin tone and covers imperfections.
- Feels soothing and cares for your skin with chamomile, aloe and vitamin E
- 100% Oil free..Dermatologist tested..Allergy Tested..Fragrance free..Hypoallergenic..Won't clog pores
Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Titanium dioxide, Propylene glycol, Kaolin, Polyacrelamide, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, C13-14 Isoparffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl acetate, Polymethyl Methcrylate, Sodium C8-16 Isoalkysuccinyl, Wheat Protein Sulfonate, Dimthiconol, Ethyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Chamomilla Recutita/Matricaria Extract, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract,.
May contain: [+/- CI 7781/Titanium dioxide,CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Mica, CI 42090/Blue 1]. (F.I.L. 8359/1).
The product as it says is water-based and not sticky but is not water-y as well.
Problem areas: Uneven skin tone, large pores, a red zit on my right cheek
I applied the product on the right side of my face at first and then blended it out using my fingers.
*As you can see, it did evened my skin a bit but did not cover my zit 100%.
* It did brighten my face though. :)
* I used my ELF two-way powder foundation to set the foundation.
What I like:
- It is water-based and blends easily without making making my face look cakey
- Adheres well to the skin
- Gives a natural,dew-y finish ( light to medium coverage)
- No need to use setting powder
- It brightens my face, making me look fresh and awake
- It stayed on me for about 4 hours without using a primer.
What I don't like:
- The fist thing I DONT like about this product is that the first time I tried it on, I had a strange sensation on my skin. I felt a sort of tingly, minty sensation on my skin. It was a little unpleasant at first, then after a few seconds the tingly sensation went away but the minty feeling stayed on for about 5 minutes or so. It really bothered me at first but it did not break me out or anything so I continued using it for 2 weeks. Now, I don't feel that unpleasant tingly sensation anymore but I do feel a cooling sensation on face every time I use it.
- It does not do anything about my pores though :(
- It has a very faint alcohol-like odor.
- If you have super sensitive skin, I suggest you try this out first and see if you and I have the same reaction. My twin sister used this foundation as well and she did not feel anything unpleasant tingly sensation She did say that she felt a cooling sensation after she applied the product on her skin.
- You can get away without using a setting powder but if you think you need to set it with powder, it is better to use a loose powder and make sure to apply some blush or bronzer so that your face will not look flat.
I am really not sure whether I will repurchase this once I run out because I do have other light coverage foundation lying around. But, if you are looking for a natural finish go-to-for-everyday-use foundation that you don't need to set with powder, this is a good option.