Mar 21, 2013

REVIEW: SuperExtend Extreme Mascara by AVON




 Hello everyone!!

I have been using my Maybelline mascara  for more than 2 months now and though I like it, I feel like I need to try another mascara. Maybelline mascaras can be too wet for me and I for one do not like wet formulas. Aside from that,  I always replace my mascara at most every 3 to 4 months because I am prone to sore eyes (I don't know why!) and I often have them like once or twice a year and believe me, it sucks!! Anyway, back to our topic, I went to the AVON store last week and I looked for their Supershock mascara which is to me, one of the best mascara ever, but unfortunately it was out of stock so I had to get a different one. The one I got was the Superextend Extreme Mascara and it claims to lengthen the eyelashes. I have used the normal Superextend one and I did not like it that much but since this new one was on sale, I decided to give it a try.




Name: Avon Superextend Extreme Mascara
Price: P499.00 (got it on sale for P250)
Weight: 7g
Ingredients:

Instructions:
Brush:
The brush is okay with me. It is not too big and it does deposit the product well. However, I think it does not separate my lashes that much.



My lashes without mascara:
 I already have curly lashes but they are quite thin and short so I need a mascara that can lengthen and volumize my poor lashes.

With one coat:


 With one coat, my lashes looked longer and thicker. It is not clumpy and it looks natural.


Two coats:


 I actually prefer using just one coat because since the formula is quite dry, it has a tendency to make the lashes clumpy. 



As I've said, I don't like how my lashes look if I apply 2 coats of the mascara because it tends to make it clumpy and weighs down my lashes.



My thoughts:

Packaging:
The packaging is quite sleek and I like that it colored yellow, so it is easy for me to find it in my drawer or inside my bag.

Affordability/Availability:
The original price is quite expensive for me but I got it for 250 pesos (US$5) since it was on sale so I would say it was not that bad. Avon ladies can be found almost anywhere so it isn't hard to find.

Formula:
I don't like mascaras that are too wet so I actually like the formula of this one since it dries fast and I don't have to worry about ruining my eye makeup. However, since it dries fast, applying more coats than needed tends to make my lashes clump together so I really have work fast when applying the product.
As for its lengthening effect, I could say that it does lengthen my lashes a bit but for me, it does not give that "wow" effect.

Brush:
The brush is okay. I like that it is not too big so I can really apply the product on both my upper and lower lashes. 

Staying power:
This mascara do stay on and does not smudge. I once cried while watching a movie and I was wearing this mascara. I was worried that I might look like a raccoon but surprisingly, I did not. As long you don't rub your eyes, you won't a lot of smudging.  It is easy to remove. (I just use a wet tissue.) They do have a waterproof version of this but I have not tried it yet. 

What I like:
            • Affordable if you got it on sale
            • Lengthens and give volume
            • does not have any unpleasant smell
            • easy to remove but does smudge too much when it got wet
            • the brush is easy to use and applies the product well
            • product dries quickly so it will not ruin your eye makeup
Issues other people might have:
            • Those who have really short eyelashes might find this lacking
            • It is quite expensive if not on sale
            • eyelashes can be clumpy if applied too much

Recommended for:
            • Those who have normal to long eyelashes
Overall Thoughts:
I like it, I am not too picky on mascaras and this is great for everyday use.  I can use this especially when I have dramatic eye makeup and I don't want it to be ruined.

Would I repurchase:
If the Supershock mascara is still out of stock, then I will definitely buy this one again.

**I really need to get my hands on that Supershock mascara....


So how about you? What is your favorite mascara?










11 comments:

  1. I had used an Avon mascara in the past in a yellow tube and loved it.It extends and draws lashes out and up and then covers and thickens them up very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!

    Thank you for dropping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, today I discovered your blog! it's really nice so I decided to follow u on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you'll do the same
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! will follow your blog too! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thanks!! gotta try that one too! :)

      Delete
  5. oh...i hear great things about this mascara :) right now im using majolica majorca! nice post

    Che
    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. oh hey there! thank you for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  7. I’m also using mascara from Avon but I forgot the name XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!